Lise Saffran is available to present on public health humanities, fiction writing for health/medical professionals and life writing and empathy. Recent and upcoming presentation topics include the following:
- Life under Pressure: How emphasizing craft in life writing can encourage empathy and self-reflection among health professionals, International Symposium “Life Writing as Empathy: A symposium on narrative emotions.”Institute for Society and Culture, Universidad Navarra, Spain, October 2015.
- What Pauline Doesn’t Know: Promoting cultural competence in health professionals through guided fiction writing, 4th International Health Humanities Conference, University of Colorado-Center for Bioethics and Humanities, Denver, CO April 30-May 2, 2015.
- Building Character: Fiction Writing to Explore Health Behavior. Workshop presented at The Examined Life Conference: Writing, Humanities and the Art of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa April 10-12, 2014.
- Finding your Strengths in an Interdisciplinary Environment. Workshop presented at the MU Women’s Leadership Conference, March 15, 2014.
- The Story of the Street Corner: Narrative in Public Health Advocacy. Presented at the Embassy of the United States, in Lome, Togo, December 2012.
If you would like to have Lise visit your book club to discuss JUNO’S DAUGHTERS (either in-person or via Skype) please contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
In matters related to trade publishing, Lise is represented by Inkwell Management, 521 5th Ave, #26 (212) 922-3500